The Strongest Destiny 2 Weapons with the Highest DPS
29th July 2019
You've probably heard a saying about bringing a knife to a gunfight, which means stepping into a difficult situation without being fully prepared. When we talk about an actual weapon choice in the game, that idiom really hits a nerve, although bringing a gun is only half the story, 'cause you need it to be the right gun.
Regardless of whether you are planning intensive raiding or just wanna know the best-hitting options for taking out strong enemies, we've got you covered. We've prepared a bunch of lists with the best PvP and PvE weapons in the game, and have also come up with a short review on D2 weapons with the highest DPS. After this, you might consider making some improvements to your build, so feel free to take a look at our
With Season of Opulence's arrival, the issue of choosing the most powerful Destiny 2 weapons has become more acute than ever. Figuring out a proper build for each type of in-game activity is extremely important if you want to progress fast and unleash your true killing potential. As you know,
For maximum DPS you need:
- to increase your power level as much as possible;
- to make good use of your skills and combine them properly (Empower Rift skill for Warlock, for example, boosts your weapon damage a great deal; Hammer Strike for Titan weakens your enemies and therefore deals more damage);
- to try to be accurate – critical hits are essential in damage-dealing;
- not to waste your time – sometimes a mere second can matter a lot when it comes to maximizing damage;
- to make sure you're equipped with the most effective weapons and feel comfortable using them.
Keep in mind that almost every exotic and legendary weapon in D2 is possible to purchase with the help of our boosting service. It'll be quicker and way more pleasant than on your own. So if you decide to make your in-game life easier and take a decent shortcut, check out our weapon boosts section. And now if you don't mind, we'll jump straight to those DPS monsters that will make every build deadly as hell.
Just before we get to business, let us mention one thing: we're gonna talk only about normal DPS and normal total damage numbers to give you a better idea of each weapon's performance. Raid DPS numbers might be slightly different, but the overall picture will remain the same.
We will start with hand cannons which surprisingly have a pretty high DPS, especially with a Precision perk.
The next ones on our list are auto rifles, and here we only have two exotics: Sweet Business and Cerberus +1, which performs well only with good RNG Spread.
Outbreak Perfected pulse rifle gets stronger the more you use it: DPS continues to increase the longer you fire this beauty, and High Impact with Desperado perk will bump your DPS to up around 13k.
In sniper rifles category, Darcy is definitely the queen. It's one of the most reliable weapons in D2, especially with Rapid Fire perk. Whisper of the Worm may be out-DPSed by some of the weapons mentioned above, but its total damage remains one of the highest in the game.
Grenade launchers are just insane in terms of damage-dealing.
Fusion rifles are not far behind. Sleeper Simulant with the Catalyst and One Thousand Voices both deal around 50k DPS. Loaded question and Merciless at max charge are pretty impressive as well, so get a closer look at those fusions – they are not bad at all.
Our last but not the least contestants are shotguns: Lord of Wolves with almost 50k DPS and the Chaperone with a good old Lightweight perk.
With all the in-game diversity, The Crucible is still one of the most fearsome and thrilling activities in Destiny 2. To impress the mighty Lord Shaxx you will need to pick your weapons wisely, but don`t worry – we have some solid PvP tips just for you. If you haven`t made your build yet or are looking for some changes, our short weapon compilation is exactly what you need.
We know that picking a weapon for a decent PvE performance can become a nasty thorn in the flesh, and that's why we've come up with a bunch of good weapon combos to make you unstoppable even in the hardest challenges.
- Mountaintop + Recluse + Anarchy Exotic;
- Breakneck + Ikelos + Whisper of the Worm;
- Loaded Question/Merciless + Sleeper Simulant;
- Outbreak Perfected + Wendigo GL3;
- Swarm of the Raven + Tractor cannon (in case you're wondering how to use Swarm of the Raven + Tractor cannon, just let your allied player fire the shotgun while you're using the GL on the boss, and the DPS will skyrocket for sure).
For more info about our bundles, exotic weapon offers, gearing and leveling boosts check out